As Packaging Engineer you manage the development of new packaging components from design to industrialization and this for Household products. You are responsible for technical approval, specification & data management for all packaging components in our production halls in Ypres or Estaimpuis.
Your main tasks are:
- Development of new packaging components from design to industrialization, taking into account the safety of the final consumer.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are informed of progress and approve proposals, throughout the design and development of new packaging and printed components.
- Maintain up to date and accurate specifications for all new packaging components, including relevant associated paperwork and SAP activities.
- Support the design of new blow moulding tooling through design and technical drawing development, through relevant blow moulding trial evaluation and final bottle approval.
- Determine optimized pallet stacking patterns, maximizing pallet utilisation, while maintaining a stable pallet configuration.
- Ownership for coordination of relevant production trials for new component introduction within the plant, offering expertise to resolve issues.
- Provide new packaging component samples upon request by relevant stakeholders.
- Propose and deliver solutions related to packaging components to resolve production, quality, non-conformity related issues.
- Support the minimisation of cost and complexity of packaging components by proposing solutions from the current portfolio and challenging new componentry requests.
- Manage and support offer briefings to be able to deliver the right packaging for each request.
- Keep up to date with new technologies, innovation and supplier capabilities in the field of packaging to maintain an up to date level of relevant expertise. Identify new opportunities and possibilities.
- Provide an accurate report of packaging activities, to give visibility to line management and stakeholders.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role within a FMCG environment.
- You have experience in packaging development or a degree in a packaging or design related subject.
- You communicate fluently in French or Dutch. Very good knowledge in English is required.
- You have good project management skills.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are persuasive and dynamic person with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of 3D drawing (3D Solidworks), Pallet pattern drawing (Cape) is an asset.
- Mcbride offers you a challenging, fast paced and international environment.
- You will be given a career evolution in line with your profile and experience.
- You will join a great team.
- Published 30 January 2020
- City Estaimpuis
- Region Hainaut
- Sector Engineers
- Education Master's Degree, Academic Bachelor, Professional Bachelor
- Function Type Clerk
- Experience At least 2 years experience
- Language skills Dutch, Flemish, English, French
- Company McBride
- Function Algemene mailbox
- Person HR Team McBride